Financial Shock Articles

Electrical Service Box and Wiring Repair a Relief for Homeowner

Shirley C., her child and her grandchild lived together in her Georgia home, but the homeowner was dealing with a host of home repair issues she couldn’t afford to fix. The home had major electrical and plumbing problems. The electrical service box had a melted cable...

Central Air Conditioning Repair a Blessing to Jackson Homeowner

As a life-long resident of Jackson, Mississippi, Alfred D. is no stranger to the city’s hot summers. For many years, he had a home air conditioning system to keep the humidity and high temperatures at bay. However, the retiree’s...

Electrical Home Fires a Focus During Safety Month

June is National Safety Month, a time intended to raise awareness about maintaining safety at home and at work. Electric and gas malfunctions can be hazardous, so this is a good time to review some safety tips and consider home protection plans for these systems that...

Electrical Service Panel Causes Problems for Retirees

Richard K. of Canton, Ohio, had a problem: water was getting inside his home’s electrical service panel. Not only that, but both the panel and his electrical service line had become badly corroded. The deterioration of his electric line likely allowed water to seep...